Learn more about how we look after your personal data when you visit our website, use our services or our platform
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. A cookie itself does not contain or collect information. However, when it is read by a server via a web browser it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service – for example, remembering previous purchases or account details.
Like most websites, our online channels and our applications (apps) collect some information (e.g. information on IP addresses, browsers, internet service providers, referring pages, exit pages, operating systems, date stamps, time stamps and clickstream data). This information won’t be linked to any other information we collect about you unless you have given your consent that we may do this.
Both we and our third-party tracking utility partners use browser storage, app storage, cookies, pixels, beacons, scripts and tags to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement through the site and collect demographic information about our overall user base. We may receive reports on these from our third-party tracking utility partners on an individual and aggregate basis.
Who we are
eloomi is made up by several different legal entities spread around the world. Read more about the eloomi here About eloomi – Learn more about who we are, our culture and values
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact our DPO
- eloomi A/SPer Henrik Lings Allé 4, 4 floor, 2100 Copenhagen,Denmark Att: Data Protection Officer
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +45 3131 6060
Your rights as a someone we have personal data about (data subject)
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. If we are legally obligated to keep the information or if it is impossible or unproportionate, we won’t delete it but we will only keep it for as long as it is needed and we have time limits on our data systems.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to have a computer make decisions about you directly (this doesn’t include general marketing based on your age or gender).
Right to judicial review – if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
One thing to bear in mind before contacting us. Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us. It could as an example be social media platforms/services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites, so if you have questions regarding such sites, you need to contact the site directly. We also really encourage you to be aware and read the privacy policies of other sites because they may very easily be collecting, storing, using and sharing your personal information.
Our rules for collecting data
We take your privacy really seriously, so we’ll only ask for the information we need to have so we can give you great service.
Whenever we collect customer data, we make sure
We ask for permission to collect the data
- We only use the data for the agreed reason and for the time it’s needed
- We will as a minimum meet the local data protection laws in the country where we provide you with a service via our website or our applications.
- We keep data that we’re legally required to have on record We explain why we need the data and how we’ll use it (unless we have legitimate reason not to)
- We check and update privacy information on a regular basis (we might also cross-check the data against other database to make sure it’s correct)
- We don’t share data with anyone unless we have a legal or legitimate reason, or we have permission from you.
Collecting data in our online channels
We collect your personal and anonymous information from you when you visit any of the sites on our http://eloomi.com domain or when you use one of our applications. When you visit our online channels, you’ll be able to check if we’re collecting data under terms and conditions of the site.
We also receive information via third party when you visit our page on social media sites or channels (e.g Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram etc).
Types of personal information we collect
When you’re visiting any of these online channels, we may collect:
- Registration information that we use to help you set up an account (e.g. your name, country, job function, email address, username and password).
- Payment or transactional information that we use when you buy products or use online services (e.g. postal address, phone number or credit card number).
- Location information or your IP Address that we use to give you relevant online content.
- Information you’ve sent to an individual or group using our messaging, chat or post services
- Information you provide when you use our own online channels or third-party channels (such as social networks)
Why we need to process personal data
We need to process personal customer data, so that
- Customers can buy products from our online channels and have them delivered to their users
- Customers are able register for any accounts and services they want to use
- Customers can use the online and offline eloomi Learning experiences
- We can send customers any information they’ve asked us for or answer their questions
- We can ask customers to give us feedback on our services through questionnaires and surveys
- We can provide our customers with relevant marketing information about our products.
How we process personal data
When you visit our online products or channels, we use technology such as cookies, flash cookies, pixels and web beacons to process your personal data.Be mindful that if you do enable a prevent cookies functionality on your device, some of our services and functionalities on the site will no longer work.We also collect information from other trusted sources, so we can update or add to the personal information we’ve collected ourselves.
How long do we keep your personal information
We’ll keep your personal information as long as your account is active or as long as it’s needed to provide our products and services. We have so called retention polices for each of the categories of personal information that we process.If you’d like to cancel your account or for us to delete your data, we’ll only keep information that we need for legal reasons, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements
Data security and integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information is extremely important to us. We use technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. All external transfers that contain personal information are done using encrypted technology. Credit card information is handled by approved service providers that meet PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards and have appropriate safeguards in place.
Although we regularly review our security procedures and evaluate new technology and methods to make our online channels safer, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our customers, employees and partners also play an important role in protecting information. We encourage customers to choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and to keep their personal passwords secret.Should you notice any flaws or concerns in our security, please contact our eloomi Customer Service team as soon as possible.
If we ever experience a data breach in which customer information is at risk of being misused, we’ll contact customers according to legal requirements. If necessary, we’ll also contact data protection authorities.
We want to make sure we as a minimum use the standards of data privacy and security that follows from the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) when we collect, store, use or share your personal data. These rules are set by European data authorities across the European Union (EU) and set the some of the highest standards in the world on data collection, storage, use and sharing.